While many look at New Year’s resolutions with cynicism, I revel in the opportunity for a fresh start and time to assess how far I’ve come and what I need to do, to move forward. This year my priority is to go all in on my passion projects. 2016 was a turbulent year for me, and I encountered several revelations about what I truly wanted out of life and for my career.
I realized over the holiday break, that I wouldn’t reach that potential if I treated the things that excited me the most, as “side projects.” So this year, I’m focusing on bringing all of the creative endeavors I’ve thought about, to life, and treating them as an integral part of my career journey, not as an afterthought. In the spirit of resolutions, here are some of my core goals this year:
- Nurture my relationship with God
- Talk less, do more
- Don’t dwell on perfection
- Elevate my craft by diving into other creative mediums
- Generate a solid revenue stream from my own designs
- Partner with a retailer to produce my own collection
What are some things you’re hoping to accomplish in 2017?